To avoid any issues, people must have their current and proper address shown on their driver's licence.
On the "parivahan" website, drivers licence holders can now change their address online. They won't have to go to a Regional Transport Office (RTO) any more, engage agents, or pay them extra fees. To avoid any issues, people must have their current and proper address shown on their driver's licence.
To update your address on the Parvihan website, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Parivahan" website.
- Select "Online Services."
- From the drop-down, choose "Driving License Related Services."
- Select your state and you will be directed to a fresh page.
- From there choose "Apply for Change of Address."
- Scroll down, and click on "Continue."
- Enter your "Driving License Number" , "Date of Birth" and the required "Captcha."
- Click on "Get DL Details" and confirm that the driving details are correct.
- Select "RTO" and click on "Proceed."
- Add all required details and tick the box against "Change of address on DL."
- Choose "Permanent" , "Present" or "Both" addresses and click on "Confirm."
- Submit details and pay the processing fees.
- The procedure is complete and the address on the driving license will be updated.
The directive said that when the offence is reported by enforcement agencies after three consecutive violations of the bus lane discipline, DTO would be the licencing authority to either disqualify or revoke the driving licence of errant drivers.More