With the use of Aadhaar verification, 58 transportation-related services are now available to you online on a voluntary basis. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) gave the information via its Twitter account. Driving licences, conductor licences, car registration, permits, and ownership transfers are just a few of the citizen-focused services that may be accessed online without having to go to the RTO. " MoRTH has issued a notification boosting 18 citizen-centric services to 58 services pertaining to driving licences, conductor licences, vehicle registration, permits, and transfer of ownership, all of which may be completed entirely online, negating the need to visit the RTO,"
Saving people's valuable time and lessening their compliance burden would be greatly aided by the provision of such services in a faceless and contactless manner. As a result, the RTOs' foot traffic is projected to decline dramatically, which would increase the efficiency with which they operate Added the ministry in a statement. In order to maintain good governance, the federal government has recently approved Aadhaar authentication for use with digital platforms and has announced the following:
2. However, anyone who does not have an Aadhaar number may still use this service in person by physically providing an alternative document to the appropriate authority in accordance with CMVR 1989 in order to confirm their identification.
The following are the online services that require Aadhaar verification from a citizen:
1. Application for Learner License (LL).
2. Change of Address in Learner License.
3. Change of Name in Learner License.
4. Change of Photo and Signature in Learner License.
5. Issue of Duplicate Learner License.
6. Learner License Extract provisioning.
7. Issue of Duplicate Driving License (DL).
8. Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
9. Replacement of Driving License.
10. Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver Training Centre and requirement of passing certificate to be sent to concerned Regional Transport Office (RTO) for issuance of Driving License (DL).
11. Change of Address in Driving License.
12. Change of Name in Driving License.
13. Change of Biometrics in Driving License.
14. Change of Date of Birth in Driving License.
15. Change of Photo and Signature in Driving License.
16. Driving License Extract provisioning.
17. Issue of International Driving Permit.
18. Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
19. Endorsement to Drive Hazardous Material.
20. Endorsement to Drive in Hill Region.
21. Issue of Driving License for Defence.
22. Additional endorsement on Driving license (AEDL) for Defence Driving License Holder.
23. Issue of Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge to Driver.
24. Issue of Duplicate Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge.
25. Temporary Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Badge to Driver.
26. Renewal of Conductor License.
27. Issue of Duplicate Conductor License.
28. Conductor License Extract provisioning.
29. Issue of Temporary Conductor License.
30. Change of Address in Conductor License.
31. Change of Biometrics in Conductor License.
32. Change of Name in Conductor License.
33. Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle.
34. Application for Registration of motor vehicle with fully built body.
35. Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration (RC).
36. Deposit of Registration Certificate fees.
37. Application for Grant of No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Certificate of Registration.
38. Change in Address in Certificate of Registration.
39. View Registration Certificate (RC) particulars against fee.
40. Retention of Registration Number.
41. Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
42. Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
43. Payment of additional Life Time Tax (Transfer of ownership Case).
44. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
45. Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
46. Issue or Renewal of Trade Certificate.
47. Issue of Fresh Permit.
48. Issue of Duplicate Permit.
49. Permit Non-Use Intimation.
50. Permanent Surrender of Permit.
51. Transfer of Permit.
52. Transfer of Permit (Death Case).
53. Renewal of Permit.
54. Renewal of Permit Authorisation.
55. Application for Special Permit.
56. Application for Temporary Permit.
57. Update Mobile Number in record for transport services.
58. Issue of Duplicate Fitness certificate.
The directive said that when the offence is reported by enforcement agencies after three consecutive violations of the bus lane discipline, DTO would be the licencing authority to either disqualify or revoke the driving licence of errant drivers.More