DigiLocker is a cloud-based application that allows Aadhaar cardholders to store and share digital versions of their identification papers. Your driver's license is included.
When you sign up for DigiLocker, you get 1 Giga bites (GB) of storage space to preserve all of your certificates.
How to Connect a Driver's License to a Digilocker?
To submit your driving license to DigiLocker, simply follow these simple steps-
1. If you are not a registered member, go to the DigiLocker website or app and choose "Sign Up." Existing account holders can use their existing credentials to log in.
2. After logging in, go to the "Issued Documents" area and select "Get additional Issued Documents."
3. Next, under "Central Government," pick Ministry of Road Transport and Highways .
4. Select "Driving Licence," Enter pertinent information such as your name, date of birth, and driver's license number. Choose "Get Document."
Your document will be uploaded automatically by the system. You may go to this saved document whenever you want.
How Do I Get a Digilocker Driving License?
You may get your driver's license from DigiLocker by following this step-by-step tutorial on the app or website -
1. Sign in with your credentials and go to the upper left corner to choose "Issue Documents."
2. To download the driving license, select "Portable Document Format (PDF)" next to it.
Uploading Driving License (DL) Documents to DigiLocker.
Follow the procedures below to submit your extra documents while using your Aadhaar card as identity -
1. Enter your account and password and click "Uploaded Documents."
2. Depending on your needs, select "Documents" or "My Certificates."
3. Select the document to upload by clicking "Upload."
4. Select a file format and save it.
Top 5 Advantages of Having a Driver's License in Digilocker
Individuals may be hesitant to upload important papers on an internet site.
However, there is no reason to be concerned. The federal government provides a 256-bit secure socket layer. As a result, the system securely encrypts your papers to offer your peace of mind.
Consider the following five advantages that DigiLocker provides to its users:
1. Paperless Office
You are not need to carry your documentation, such as your driver's license or Aadhaar card, with you at all times. You may view these documents whenever you want by logging into your DigiLocker account. You may also download the same for your convenience.
2. Simple Online Access
It might be difficult to recall a driver's license number. You may get information from your driving license online using this platform.
3. Verification of QR Codes
Officers can check the driving license data by scanning the Quick Response (QR) code provided on the mobile application.
4. Secure and safe
After a certain amount of inactivity, the system automatically terminates the activity. In addition, attaching an Aadhaar card to an account provides additional protection.
5. Services are processed quickly.
If you apply for government services, the department may access your DigiLocker account to obtain the necessary documents. It removes the need for you to travel to government offices to submit a driver's licence or other paperwork. This shortens the application procedure by saving time and energy.
The portal has around 79.28 million people linked to it. Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) members can get a Universal Account Number (UAN) card and a Pension Payment Order in addition to submitting a driving license to DigiLocker. To take use of such online services, keep the aforementioned processes in mind.